Newcomer Year: From July 1 to June 30 in the following year
Entry Fee: $44.00
Newcomer Shows: Toowoomba Royal Show; RPSBS (Qld) State Show
Newcomer Championship: RPSBS (Qld) State Show
Click on “The Society” tab above to access the Newcomer Rules.
Click here to download a Queensland Statutory Declaration Form to accompany the Newcomer Application
The 2021 Qld State Show being held at the Burpengary Equestrian Centre on 14th March will host the finals of the 2019 – 2020 Newcomers with separate classes for Show Ponies, Show Hunter Ponies and RPSBS Overheights with sweepstakes prize monies.
There will also be Newcomer classes for 2020 – 2021 Newcomers.
RPSBS QLD Young Judges Competition
Young Judges Classes
RPSBS Young Judges Classes will be run for two age groups. Age of Competitor as at first day of the show.
- Young Judges 10 and under 14 yrs
- Young Judges 14 and under 18 yrs
Shows Hosting RPSBS Young Judges Classes
Toowoomba Royal and RPSBS Qld State Show to be held at the Queensland State Equestrian Centre, Caboolture on October 27, 2018.
At a Show
Before & During the Classes
- An RPSBS steward will explain to competitors how the classes will be run by the Senior Judge. Ponies will line up and remain in breastplate number order.
- Competitors will be given numbered armbands that will be collected after the classes.
- All competitors record their armband numbers on a Steward’s Young Judges List Sheet.
- Competitors record their armband numbers on their own score sheets/cards.
- Young Judges enter the ring with their Stewards.
- In a ‘Special Young Judges’ class four Riding Ponies will be presented for judging.
- A catalogued Riding Pony breed class that may have more than four exhibits may be used for the competition when a ‘Special Young Judges’ class is not possible.
- Competitors must follow the Stewards’ instructions to keep the ring running safely and smoothly.
- Complete judging.
- Hand in sheets/cards if completed.
Leaving the Ring and Follow-Up
- Young Judges leave the ring with RPSBS Stewards and go to a set area.
- Hand in armbands and competitor scoring sheets/cards if these have not already been collected.
- The group may be expected to stay together until the Stewards are sure the Top 5 placegetters are decided.
- A brief interview with the Senior Judge and/or Stewards may be necessary to separate competitors whose results are very close.
- Placegetters will be announced at an arranged time and place after the classes.
How Young Judges Are Marked
- A Manual Scoring system will be used. (See Young Judges package for explanation)
- Young Judges are placed according to how close they are to the Senior Judge’s placings, their notes on type, conformation, movement and manners plus their own appearance, approach and manner.
- First, Second and Third places will be awarded with Fourth and Fifth placegetters awarded Top 5 sashes.
- First and Second placegetters will qualify for the Qld Young Judges State Final at the Champion of Champions Show at Park Ridge in September.
- When First and Second placegetters have already qualified at a previous show the qualification will be awarded to the Third placegetter if that competitor has not previously qualified. The qualification will not be awarded beyond the Third placegetter.
- Young Judges results at each show will be announced at an arranged place and at a time that may be after Riding Pony classes are completed on the day. Competitors must be polite to stewards, the senior judge and pony exhibitors.
- Do not touch ponies or speak to handlers.
- Young Judges’ written answers, interviews and conversations with officials are confidential.
- RPSBS QLD will not release answer sheets/cards, scores or answers
- A list of participants and results will be kept by RPSBS QLD Development Committee to help improve the programme.
2019 Champion of Champions Classes
Toowoomba Royal Show
There will be a 2 Ring program (a Show Pony ring and a Show Hunter Pony ring).
The Champion of Champions classes will be held on the Tuesday afternoon. These classes will be height classes for Show Pony and Show Hunter Pony geldings/mares/stallions combined. Ponies/Horses will have to be qualified to enter these classes.
These classes will be judged in a similar manner to HOTY classes with individual set workouts. Stallions will not be working amongst the other horses.
Qualifications for the RPSBS Champion of Champions classes and Young Judges’ Competition final being held at the Toowoomba Royal Show in 2019 are as follows:
- Winners and second placegetters of Ridden RPSBS Breed Classes at RPSBS Shows run by RPSBS Committees in any state (Results to be available);
- Winners of Ridden RPSBS Breed Classes run under RPSBS Rules at any other recognised show including Agricultural, Royal, Multi-Breed, Show Horse Council, Equestrian Australia, etc;
- Winners and Runners-up of Open Classes at Equestrian Australia & Show Horse Council Shows that are Qualifiers for National events i.e. EA National Show Horse & Rider Championships, Grand National and ENSW Southern Cross Horse Spectacular; and
- 1st and 2nd Placegetters in Open Classes at Royal Shows including Regional Royal Shows.
Young Judges Qualifications 10 yrs & under 14 yrs, 14 yrs & under 18 yrs
- 2018 Toowoomba Royal Show Champion of Champions 2017/2018 Young Judges Final 1st, 2nd & 3rd Placegetters;
- 2018 Toowoomba Royal Show 2018 Young Judges Classes – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Placegetters Open RPSBS Breed Show Competition; and
- 2018 RPSBS Qld State Show Young Judges Classes – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Competition Placegetters