From the Board
- A special meeting of Western Australia RPSBS Ltd. members was held on 26th February with 19 members present including 6 proxies. The meeting was attended by the Administrator and Board Chair, Mike Smith and he Board Vice Chair, Robert Cockram. Nominations for election to the WA committee were received from Amanda Gilberd, Jade O’Brien, Helen Ransome, Peter Thomas, Kathryn Thomas and Robyn Vale. All nominations were checked and validated by the National Office. Kathryn and Peter Thomas have a Joint Membership with the voting right assigned to Kathryn. With no voting right Peter is ineligible to stand for Chair, Vice Chair or Director. With 9 positions available all nominations were accepted onto the committee. At the close of the special meeting the new committee elected their office bearers. Chair: Helen Ransom; Vice Chair: Kathryn Thomas; Secretary: Amanda Gilberd; Treasurer/Publicity Officer: Peter Thomas; Newcomers: Robyn Vale; Director: Kathryn Thomas.
- Reminder to members that the cutoff date for the Leaderboard Competition is 5.00pm Friday 24 April. That date was selected as the last possible date before the State Annual Meetings for the final computations to be made and trophies engraved so that the winners can be announced before the State Annual Meetings. Trophies will be available for presentation at the State Meetings
- The Board has been very aware of the difficulty members in the smaller states have in obtaining leaderboard points. A $200 cash prize is being awarded to the highest points getter in each state.
- The next Board meeting will be on April 1. This meeting reviews the Showing Rules, Registration Rules and approves the Scale of Fees for 2020-21.
- State Annual Meetings are held in each state some time between May 1 and May 24. Members wishing to nominate or sponsor a nominee must be financial voting members as at January 31, 2020. Nominations for election to State Committees open on March 15 and close on April 1
- The AGM for RPSBS Ltd. is being held at the Holiday Inn, Sydney Airport on Saturday 28th June at 4.00pm to be followed by a members’ forum. All members are invited to attend.
2020 RPSBS Annual
- EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: 10% OFF Advertising
If booked & paid in full before Tuesday 31st March, 2020Please download our media kit here.
- Promote your stud or business to a riding pony audience.
- Free promotion on our social media channels.
- Priority photo inclusion.
- Adverts over 1/2 size get a free foal photo inclusion in
our foal gallery.
We are on the look out for members and registered riding ponies with interesting stories, i.e does your pony compete in a different discipline such as harness, campdrafting, etc? Has your pony beaten the odds? We also welcome submissions for our ponies and people remembered.
We would love to hear from you. Email email@example.com
We are now looking for photo submissions from members. Advertisers get priority photos, and more than one photo included. Remember you must be a member and the pony a registered riding pony for inclusion. Photos are included on a first come first served basis, so get your photos in!
Photos will only be accepted via submission using our online form:
Submit your photos at: https://www.rpsbs.com.au/upcoming-annual/
2019 – 2020 National Annual High Point Awards
NEW: The highest total pointsgetter in each state will be awarded $200.00 See the website for more information.
Support the initiative that supports our members!
- We have changed sponsorship to make it even more affordable than ever with sponsorship starting at $60.00 This is a super opportunity to promote your business on the RPSBS Social Media Accounts, in magazines such as Horse Deals, in our newsletters and on our website! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a media kit.
- Big welcome to Duncan Equine Group for their support. They are currently running a competition to WIN a Horserail Arena. Enter Here: https://duncanequine.com.au/arena-makeover/
- PLEASE ensure you read the rules before entering. This will help also avoid you spending more time than you need to on entries.
- Due to the large amount of entries we are getting, we cannot contact each one of you when you submit entries incorrectly.
- Only ONE result counts per a show (so your highest result) per a leaderboard. So your best ridden, and best led result for instance.
- The Junior Rider / Handler Leaderboard is specifically for Junior RIDER classes or HANDLER classes, only these class types count for these new leaderboards.
If you have any questions before submitting your results please email email@example.com
2020 Upcoming Events
14th March – TAS 2020 Tasmanian Riding Pony of the Year Show NEW DATE
15th March – QLD 2020 RPSBS Qld State Show
24th March – QLD Champion of Champions Final @ Toowoomba Royal’
31st May – VIC Equinade 2020 Foal Show NEW DATE
27th June – NSW – NATIONAL 2020 RPSBS Ltd AGM
TAS Committee News
Dear Members, we are pleased to announce the date for the postponed show will be 14th March 2020 at the Westbury Showground.
Mr Graham Elliott is still able to attend as our judge.
Entries are now reopened and will close strictly the 6th March 2020. Strictly no late entries.
The schedule is available on the rpsbs website.
Tasmanian Riding Pony Committee
VIC Committee News
December was a busy time for many reasons. Unfortunately it was a time of much grief for many in Victoria and our neighbouring state NSW with the disastrous fires. Our thoughts are with all those affected at this trying time. As far as show news is concerned.
Last Saturday the 11th of January we held the Equinade RPOTY show at WPEC in conjunction with the EV Summer show. Great entries and a wonderful day was had.
Thanks to all competitors for turning up, our two lovely judges Helen Moore (WA) and Susan Gorst (Vic), our stewards, Sponsors, helpers, committee members combined ran a smooth event.
Winners of our 5 Supremes.
Chippenham Stud Supreme In Hand Junior Riding Pony: Whitmere Cosmopolitan: Telford & Gerry
Walsh Family Supreme In Hand Senior Riding Pony: Uhavta Naughty ‘N’ Nice: Uhavta Stud
Silkwood Stud Supreme In Hand RPSB Show Hack or Show Hunter: Elmdale Park Hightime: Rebecca Gerber
Uhavta Stud Supreme Ridden RPSB Show Hack or Show Hunter: Beaumont King of Kings: Trudy Kelly
Amy Stewart Memorial Supreme Ridden Riding Pony: Daisy Patch Soul Star: Lyn Warburton
This coming weekend Sunday 19th of January at Akoonah Park Berwick we are running the Equinade Riding Pony Youngstock & Ridden Show. Extensive youngstock in hand classes. Great opportunity for newcomers and open ponies to compete under saddle in a stress free environment. This is the first time we have run ridden classes at this show so please support us.
Next month it’s the Equinade RPSBS Vic Summer Festival held in conjunction with Barastoc on the 8th of February.