From the Board
- A reminder to members with foals born this season to submit your registration papers. The following notice was published in January but it is so important that it is being repeated.
- The ongoing drought and devastating bushfires have affected so many of our members. We, as all other breed societies, are committed to assisting our members. Replacement papers will be issued without any cost to any members whose paperwork has been destroyed in the fires. Payment plans can be arranged for members temporarily unable to meet the costs of memberships, transfers, registrations etc.Members are asked to contact the office for any assistance. Members can be assured that any requests for assistance will be treated in strictest confidence.
- Reminder to members that the cutoff date for the Leaderboard Competition is 5.00pm Friday 24 April. That date was selected as the last possible date before the State Annual Meetings for the final computations to be made and trophies engraved so that the winners can be announced before the State Annual Meetings. Trophies will be available for presentation at the State Meetings
- The Board has been very aware of the difficulty members in the smaller states have in obtaining leaderboard points. A $200 cash prize is being awarded to the highest points getter in each state.
- The next Board meeting will be on April 1. The cutoff date for submissions to that meeting is Monday 16th February. Traditionally this meeting reviews the Showing Rules, Registration Rules and approves the Scale of Fees for 2020-21.
- State Annual Meetings are held in each state some time between May 1 and May 24. Members wishing to nominate or sponsor a nominee must be financial voting members as at January 31, 2020. Nominations for election to Sate Committees open on March 15 and close on April 1
- The AGM for RPSBS Ltd. is being held at the Holiday Inn, Sydney Airport on Saturday 28th June at 4.00pm to be followed by a members’ forum. All members are invited to attend.
- For WA members: WA Members of the Riding Pony Stud Book Society Ltd are invited to attend the Special Meeting of WA members for the purpose of electing a WA State Committee of the RPSBS Ltd. on Wednesday 26th February, 2020 commencing 7.30 pm with registrations from 7.00 pm
Venue: Dome Café , 237 Knutsford Avenue, Cloverdale.
For nomination and proxy forms visit the WA page on www:rpsbs.com.au.
Please note: Nomination Forms for the WA RPSBS committee must be received by the National Office no later than 4.00pm Monday 10th February, 2020
2019 – 2020 National Annual High Point Awards
NEW: The highest total pointsgetter in each state will be awarded $200.00 See the website for more information.
Support the initiative that supports our members!
- We have changed sponsorship to make it even more affordable than ever with sponsorship starting at $60.00 This is a super opportunity to promote your business on the RPSBS Social Media Accounts, in magazines such as Horse Deals, in our newsletters and on our website! Email email@example.com for a media kit.
- Big welcome to Duncan Equine Group for their support. They are currently running a competition to WIN a Horserail Arena. Enter Here: https://duncanequine.com.au/arena-makeover/
- PLEASE ensure you read the rules before entering. This will help also avoid you spending more time than you need to on entries.
- Due to the large amount of entries we are getting, we cannot contact each one of you when you submit entries incorrectly.
- Only ONE result counts per a show (so your highest result) per a leaderboard. So your best ridden, and best led result for instance.
- The Junior Rider / Handler Leaderboard is specifically for Junior RIDER classes or HANDLER classes, only these class types count for these new leaderboards.
If you have any questions before submitting your results please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Upcoming Events
8th February – VIC 2020 Equinade RPSBS Summer Festival
26th February – WA General Meeting
14th March – TAS 2020 Tasmanian Riding Pony of the Year Show NEW DATE
15th March – QLD 2020 RPSBS Qld State Show
24th March – QLD Champion of Champions Final @ Toowoomba Royal
VIC Committee News
January saw the Vic committee successfully run two shows.
The Equinade Victorian RPOTY held at WPEC on January 11th in conjunction with the EV Summer Show. Our two rings, officiated by judges Susan Gorst (VIC) and Helen Moore (WA) were very well received by members new and old. Our rings ran reasonably well considering the endless possibilities of clashes.
Thanks again to all the volunteers who stepped forward to assist in running this show.
Major awards as follows:
- Amy Stewart Memorial – Supreme Ridden Daisy Patch Soul Star – Lyn Warbuton
- Silkwood Stud – Supreme Led RPSB Show Hack or Show Hunter – Elmdale Park Hightime – Rebecca Gerber
- Walsh Family Supreme Senior In Hand Exhibit – Uhavta Naughty ‘N’ Nice – Uhavta Stud
- Chippenham Stud Supreme Junior Exhibit In Hand – Whitmere Cosmopolitan – Telford & Gerry
- Uhavta Stud Supreme Ridden Show Hack or Show Hunter – Beaumont King of Kings – Trudy Kelly
The following weekend saw the second running of the Youngstock Show at Berwick with the Gippsland & Peninsula Welsh RPG. Our program this year also incorporated ridden classes for open and newcomers. It’s a great show and well worth the outing especially for green saddle horses and youngstock alike.
Much thanks to our judge Carole Lindeman (Silkwood Stud) and all our other volunteers and committee who helped out.
- SUPREME CHAMPION RIDING PONY YOUNGSTOCK EXHIBIT :MALIBU PARK TOP SONG: PAUL & KERRY DUNSTAN
SUPREME CHAMPION OTHER BREEDS YOUNGSTOCK EXHIBIT : MANORVALE PARTY TRICK: JODI ALLEN
This weekend we have the Equinade Riding Pony Summer Festival at Barastoc Horse of the Year show. There are late entries on the day. Program is on the website and our Vic Committee Facebook page has a link.
We are so grateful to Hygain, Equinade and all those that supported our RPOYS and Youngstock and performance show.
Remember to get your entries in for the Leaderboard Awards Competition and remember you must submit them prior to two weeks after your competition.
Presentations for winners will be at our AMM in May and date/venue is yet to be decided.
Change of date etc for our foal show- Instead of the Mother’s Day weekend, we are hoping to be at Tatura with the welsh NERPG later in May 2020. We will post details once they are finalised.
Finally, we encourage members to provide the committee feedback. This is the best way for us to understand the needs and wants of our member base.
TAS Committee News
Dear Members, we are pleased to announce the date for the postponed show will be 14th March 2020 at the Westbury Showground.
Mr Graham Elliott is still able to attend as our judge.
Entries are now reopened and will close strictly the 6th March 2020. Strictly no late entries.
The schedule is available on the rpsbs website.
Tasmanian Riding Pony Committee
QLD Committee News
QUEENSLAND RPSBS Ltd 2020 STATE SHOW
The RPSBS Qld Committee has listened to its members and for 2020 will run the annual State Show on 15 March 2020 at a new venue, the Jimboomba Equestrian Centre 239 Greenridge Road, Jimboomba starting
The show runs a full Riding Pony program plus an Open Hack ring that commences at 9.00am for all breeds and unregistered horses.
The Riding Pony breed classes in Rings 1 and 2 feature RPSBS registered led youngstock, senior ponies and overheight horses, ridden Show and Show Hunter Ponies and Show/ Show Hunter Hacks exc. 14.2hh, Newcomer and Home Produced Riding Ponies and Overheights and Double Registered classes.
Young members 17 yrs and under, can also enter age restricted Young Judges, Handlers, Children’s Ridden Ponies and Overheights exc. 14.2hh and Double Registered ponies.
This year the show introduces High Point Owner/Rider/Handler awards for nominated Owner/ Rider/Horse combinations with the highest accumulated points during the show. Four age groups are offered.
As the 2019 state show was held prior to the end of the 2018 – 2019 Newcomer year the 2018 – 2019 Newcomer finals for Show, Show Hunter and Overheights will be held at this year’s show along with classes for the 2019-2020 Newcomer ponies.
Riding Pony Judges for Rings 1 & 2 are Mrs Kym Ellery (Vic) & Mrs Susy Stewart (Vic) and in Open Ring 3 Gail Iskra (Qld) will officiate.
The program is now up on the Riding Pony web site www.rpsbs.com.au
Rings 1 & 2 only – Entries via the RPSBS website. Ring 3 entries will be taken on the day.
Online Entry Procedure for Qld State Riding Pony Show
Click on <STUDBOOK> in Menu bar
Click on <Login> on right hand side of black menu bar.
In the login box type your RPSBS membership number.
If you have used the login previously enter your password.
If you have not used the login option previously click on <New Password>.
Enter email as requested and click <New Password>.
The Administrator of the online studbook system will email you a password.
To access the show schedule click on <Home> in the black menu bar after logging on.
In left hand box click <Shows>.
Click <Enter> on right side of <2019 Qld State Show> record.
Complete your entry details and send.
If you encounter a problem entering the show contact:
RPSBSQ Secretary – Eleanor Gerry E: email@example.com M: 0409 710 953
Show Secretary – Lorraine Currie via email: firstname.lastname@example.org