From the Office
until 8.00am Thursday 2nd January 2020.
- Online payments must include a reference and the paperwork needs to be lodged immediately following payment.
- Credit Card payments must include all relevant details. Omitting the expiry date only delays your paperwork and in turn all others after you.
- The Staff would like to wish the Members a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!
From the Board
- The members of the Board wish all RPSBS members and their families a joyous and safe festive season. For all of us suffering through this harsh, prolonged drought we can hope that relief comes early in 2020.
- These notices are only sent to current financial members of RPSBS Ltd. Please share these notices with RPSBS friends and acquaintances that are not currently financial.
- The next Board meeting is January 8th. With the Christmas/ New Year holidays the cutoff date for submissions to that meeting is Friday 13th December. Traditionally this meeting reviews the Judges’ Policy and this meeting will also be looking at the Risk Management Policy and the list of approved breeds.
- Some reminders for members competing in events run under RPSBS rules:
- Handlers or riders must also be financial members. A participant membership is only $30;
- Animals must be entered in the name/s of the RPSBS registered owner/leasee;
- Please ensure that all details are correct with the Society well in advance of closing date of entries;
- Check to ensure that your gelding is registered as a gelding and not still as a foal recorded colt;
2019 – 2020 National Annual High Point Awards
Support the initiative that supports our members!
- We have changed sponsorship to make it even more affordable than ever with sponsorship starting at $60.00 This is a super opportunity to promote your business on the RPSBS Social Media Accounts, in magazines such as Horse Deals, in our newsletters and on our website! Email email@example.com for a media kit.
- Big welcome to Duncan Equine Group for their support. They are currently running a competition to WIN a Horserail Arena. Enter Here: https://duncanequine.com.au/arena-makeover/
- PLEASE ensure you read the rules before entering. This will help also avoid you spending more time than you need to on entries.
- Due to the large amount of entries we are getting, we cannot contact each one of you when you submit entries incorrectly.
- Only ONE result counts per a show (so your highest result) per a leaderboard. So your best ridden, and best led result for instance.
- The Junior Rider / Handler Leaderboard is specifically for Junior RIDER classes or HANDLER classes, only these class types count for these new leaderboards.
If you have any questions before submitting your results please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Upcoming Events
11th January 2020 – VIC 2020 Equinade Riding Pony of the Year Show
11th January 2020 – TAS 2020 Tasmanian Riding Pony of the Year Show
19th January 2020 – VIC 2020 Equinade RPSBS Youngstock and Performance Show
8th February 2020 – VIC 2020 Equinade RPSBS Summer Festival
TAS Committee News
- Gordon Park Chorus Line (Small Show Galloway)
- Lyndhurst China Doll (Large Show Pony & Child’s Large Show Pony)
- Radford Lodge Sweet Dreams (Small Show Pony & Child’s Small Show Pony)
- Alinda Park Make It Happen (Large Show Pony)
- Anderton Park Annabella (Large Show Hunter Pony)
Congratulations to all competitors who represented the state well.
A big congratulations to Jackson and Felicity Radley on Runner-Up Open Small Pony with Radford Lodge Sweet Dreams at the EA Nationals.
The Tas Committee are well on the way for preparation for the state Riding Pony Show to be held on Saturday 11th January 2020. Click here to view the schedule.
Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday season. Happy Riding.
SA Committee News
Thrilled with the results for SA members at the recent EA Nationals!
From Small to large – Champion in the lead rein: was the SA owned and supreme led from our state show Earlsley Park Bo Peep.
Champion in the open small pony for a fourth time was the SA owned Newington Tinkerbell and we wish her well in her retirement.
Large open pony is a registered RPSBS pony Carlingford Park Honor High, Champion Large Galloway (overheight) was Argyl Fine Art, with third being Westgrove Pageant Material a previous supreme champion RPSBS in hand at Sydney Royal.The sire of the this large galloway class winner for the last four years has been the SA based Fernleigh Fine Print.
In the Hunter Section, the Large hunter pony was taken out by the consistent Kolbeach Holly’s Diamond (also by SA based Fernleigh Fine Print). The Wynara Stud was also well represented at the show with a third place awarded to Wynara Taboo in the Child’s small galloway class and a pony bred by Lia Wynara Midnight Serenade gaining a third place also.
NSW Committee News
A fabulous day was had by all members at the Willowcroft Stud NSW State RPSBS Show held at the prestigious Windsor Polo Grounds. The quality of the ponies presented to the UK judges was fantastic to see and the members enjoyed a great day of competition. Special thanks goes to our UK judges Martin Jones of Landerman Stud and David Jinks of the Jinks Show Team. Of course the work of Committee and Volunteers was exemplary which ensured a great day. Members enjoyed great prizes thanks to the sponsors whom supported the show.
We wish members the very best for the remainder of breed and show season and that you enjoy some well deserved Christmas festivities.
Please note our facebook page will be updated with future upcoming events in 2020.
VIC Committee News
Well 2019 has certainly been a busy year for us all. It’s had its challenges from many perspectives especially for those of us who live on the land or are heavily involved with Agricultural/Farming/Equestrian pursuits. We hope that 2020 brings much relief for all members and those associated that have been impacted by Drought or Fire.
The Victorian Committee would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a safe and merry festive season. Thank you to all members who have supported our committee run shows and any of the variety of Riding Pony Breed classes that other societies have been so generous to run.
In November we ran the Victorian Ridden Riding Pony Pageant at WPEC held in conjunction with SHC HOTY. It was a wonderful day, the weather was ideal, which has been a challenge for Victoria lately. Our ring rang smoothly and we appreciate all the efforts by competitors with our last minute alterations to accommodate class clashes. It is very important to our committee that we cater for as many of our loyal members as possible so thank you for your patience and understanding on the day.
Thanks to our stewards, secretary, committee members, competitors and judge (Jess Campbell) who combined made a successful day.
Major awards as follows:
- Champion Ridden Newcomer Pony: Royalwood Choir Master
- Champion Ridden RPSB O/H Newcomer: Beaumont King of Hearts
- Champion Ridden RPSB O/H: Royalwood Centre Stage
- Mini Champion: Yartarla Park Mistletoe
- Champion Ridden Child’s Show Pony: Robbanie Chart Topper
- Champion Ridden Show Pony: Calvin Park Tiny Dancer
- Champion Ridden Show Hunter Pony: Salisbury Glitter Girl
- Champion Ridden Child’s Show Hunter Pony: Mirinda Show Stopper
- Champion Child Rider: Annabelle Richardson
- Champion Amateur Ridden Show/Show Hunter Pony: Merivale Park Giorgio
- Champion Ridden Home Produced Show/Show Hunter Pony: Merivale Park Giorgio
- Weston Mirage Supreme Ridden: Calvin Park Tiny Dancer.
See you in January for the Equinade Vic RPOTY on the 11th of January at WPEC and The Vic RPSB Youngstock and Performance Show at Berwick on the 19th of January held in conjunction with the Gippsland & Peninsula RPG Youngstock and Performance Show.