Pryde’s EasiFeeds, Kelato Animal Health and HM Garlands present
RPSBS Qld Young Judges Competition 2017
The RPSBS QLD Young Judges Scheme is a new trial scheme that aims to increase our young members’ sportsmanship, knowledge of the Riding Pony breed and their involvement in the RPSBS Society.
Young Judges Classes
RPSBS Young Judges Classes will be run for two age groups. Age of Competitor as at first day of the show.
- Young Judges 10 and under 14 yrs
- Young Judges 14 and under 18 yrs
Shows Hosting RPSBS Young Judges Classes
In 2017 four shows will host qualifier Young Judges classes plus a Final will be held at RPSBS QLD Champion of Champions Show. In calendar order shows are:
|Toowoomba Royal Show 2017||Toowoomba Showgrounds||Wed 29th March, 2017||Special Young Judges Class|
|Northern NSW SHC Hack Champs||Lismore Show Grounds||Thurs 25 – Sunday 28 May (Class date tbc)||Special Young Judges Class|
|QLD State Riding Pony||QSEC Caboolture||Sunday 9 July||Special Young Judges Class|
|RNA QLD (EKKA)||RNA Exhibition Grounds Brisbane||Thurs 11 – Sat 20 August (RPSBS breed day tbc)||Scheduled Breed Class|
|Toowoomba Royal Show 2018||Toowoomba Showgrounds||Tuesday 10th April, 2018||Final – special Young Judges’ class|
When a Young Judge Competitor Enters a Class
Young Judges will receive an emailed Young Judges Information Package from RPSBS QLD Development Committee. Please read the information and learn the Led Riding Pony workout.
A time and place to meet RPSBS Stewards before the class will be published on our Facebook site and/or emailed to you. Contact a Development Committee member if you need help.
At a Show
Before & During the Classes
- An RPSBS steward will explain to competitors how the classes will be run by the Senior Judge. Ponies will line up and remain in breastplate number order.
- Competitors will be given numbered armbands that will be collected after the classes.
- All competitors record their armband numbers on a Steward’s Young Judges List Sheet.
- Competitors record their armband numbers on their own score sheets/cards.
- Young Judges enter the ring with their Stewards.
- In a ‘Special Young Judges’ class four Riding Ponies will be presented for judging.
- A catalogued Riding Pony breed class that may have more than four exhibits may be used for the competition when a ‘Special Young Judges’ class is not possible.
- Competitors must follow the Stewards’ instructions to keep the ring running safely and smoothly.
- Complete judging.
- Hand in sheets/cards if completed.
Leaving the Ring and Follow-Up
- Young Judges leave the ring with RPSBS Stewards and go to a set area.
- Hand in armbands and competitor scoring sheets/cards if these have not already been collected.
- The group may be expected to stay together until the Stewards are sure the Top 5 placegetters are decided.
- A brief interview with the Senior Judge and/or Stewards may be necessary to separate competitors whose results are very close.
- Placegetters will be announced at an arranged time and place after the classes.How Young Judges Are Marked
- A Manual Scoring system will be used. (See Young Judges package for explanation)
- Young Judges are placed according to how close they are to the Senior Judge’s placings, their notes on type, conformation, movement and manners plus their own appearance, approach and manner.Results
- First, Second and Third places will be awarded with Fourth and Fifth placegetters awarded Top 5 sashes.
- First and Second placegetters will qualify for the Qld Young Judges State Final at the Champion of Champions Show at Park Ridge in September.
- When First and Second placegetters have already qualified at a previous show the qualification will be awarded to the Third placegetter if that competitor has not previously qualified. The qualification will not be awarded beyond the Third placegetter.
- Young Judges results at each show will be announced at an arranged place and at a time that may be after Riding Pony classes are completed on the day.
- Details of presentation time and place will be posted on Facebook when available <Riding Pony Stud Book Society Ltd. QLD Committee> OR check with one of the Development Sub-Committee.
Young Judges Final at RPSBS QLD Champion of Champions Show
- Finals will be held at the RPSBS QLD Champion of Champions Show at Park Ridge in September. (Date to be confirmed.)
- The same scoring sheets/cards and marking system will be used and a Senior Judge will interview each finalist using a prepared set of questions. A steward will be present at the interview.
- Awards and Finalist sashes will be presented.
- A good sportsmanship award will be presented.Presentation/AttireAt all times RPSBS supports RPSBS Judges’ dressing for Safety. Dress so that you can move quickly if necessary. Dress for the weather. Wear sunscreen for outdoor judging.Young Judges attire for girls and boys should be either:
- Riding attire including helmet and boots or
- Non-riding Judges attire
Girls’ non-riding judge’s attire can be dress or skirt of appropriate length, or dress pants. A smart top or jackets is suitable. Tops can be short sleeved but must cover shoulders. A hat and enclosed ‘flatty’ or low wedge shoes are appropriate. Fascinators and high heels not be worn.
Boy’s non-riding judge’s attire can be slacks with collared shirt, tie and jacket or a suit with shirt and tie. Enclosed shoes or boots are required.
Manner & Approach
- Competitors must be polite to stewards, the senior judge and pony exhibitors.
- Do not touch ponies or speak to handlers.Confidentiality
- Young Judges’ written answers, interviews and conversations with officials are confidential.
- RPSBS QLD will not release answer sheets/cards, scores or answers
- A list of participants and results will be kept by RPSBS QLD Development Committee to help improve the programme.