- At the 2018 SHCA Grand National RPSBS vouchers were awarded to both the owner and breeder of the highest placed qualifying Riding Pony exhibit in 4 selected classes. For the owner to be eligible, the Riding Pony had to registered, entered in the name/s of the registered owner and the owner had to be a financial member. The Breeder is eligible as long as he/she is financial even if the owner is not financial.
The vouchers were transferable and can be used for any Society transaction within a 12 month period.
2018 GRAND NATIONAL – $200 vouchers
Show Pony ne 12.2hh: Owner Award to Elizabeth Daly for Royal Oak Figurine, Breeder Award to Allan Dillingham for Royal Oak Figurine
Show Pony 12.2 – 14hh: Owner Award to Heather Potts for Pemberly Dior, Breeder Award to Lisa Smith for Pemberly Dior
Show Hunter Pony 12.2 – 14hh: Owner Award to Peter Hudson for Owendale Butter Schnapps, Breeder award to Darrell Owen for Owendale Butter Schnapps
Show Hunter Galloway 14-14.2hh: Breeder Award to Edwina Duddy for Clemson Tuxedo II, Owner Award not given out as Champion & Reserve still registered in the name of their breeders and Runner-up isn’t registered RPSB under that name.
- Following the June Board meeting the 4 selected classes at the 2018 EA Nationals and the 4 selected classes at the 2019 SHCA Grand National will be announced
- In the January, 2018 Bulletin it was announced that the RPSBS Board was considering implementing the following new rule: “RPSBS members are prohibited from judging exhibits in RPSBS classes that they have bred either individually or in partnership.”
The Board wishes to thank those many RPSBS members that gave feedback to the Board and as a result announce that the following rule has been added to the Showing Rules and Regulations: No exhibitor may show a RPSBS Ltd registered exhibit bred by or leased from the judge or his immediate family in the ring in RPSBS events.
- The following rule has been added to the Showing Rules and Conditions of Entry: It is the exhibitors responsibility to ensure eligibility for a class, and if ineligible, the exhibitor must withdraw. These rules apply to all classes restricted to RPSBS registered exhibits.
- The RPSBS Heat Policy was reviewed with the following additional sentence being added to the existing policy: When the temperature reaches 35 degrees children 12 years and under must remove their jackets while competing. Judges, officials and other exhibitors are strongly encouraged to also do so.
- Collation of material for the 2018 RPSBS Annual is well under way. The Board is still sourcing a person to appoint as the Advertising Manager for the 2018 Annual. That person’s role will be to source and liaise with potential advertisers. Suitable remuneration will be offered, please contact the office for further information. The RPSBS office has the Task of receiving monies and Show Pony Graphics does the necessary ad design and layout work. The editorial team is looking for the support of the state Publicity officer’s and their committees in selecting animals and sourcing photographs. The Board’s goal is to have our RPSBS 2018 annual as the first point of reference for stallions and studs across Australia.
- The RPSBS Board is forever searching for new initiates that will support our Riding Pony breeders. The Youngstock focus this year is one such initiative. Monies have been set aside to assist the state sub-committees provide prize monies and/or extra shows/classes for RPSBS Youngsters. States can apply to the RPSBS Board for assistance grants of up to $1500 to help fund these projects.
- The RPSBS Ltd. Annual General Meeting will be held at the Comfort Inn, Haven Marina, Glenelg, South Australia on 16th June, 2018. Details of the AGM have been circulated to all members and have been published on the RPSBS web site. We encourage members to attend the meeting and forum.
- State Annual Meetings are held in May of each year. Please check your state’s web site for details. A reminder that there has been a major revision of the “State Committee Structure & Procedures” document. State Committees have been given more autonomy in this process. The new Policy is on the National web site for all members to peruse.
All members are invited to attend these meetings. We are always seeking new committee members and any member that can assist in any way.
- There are a number of RPSBS members who have, in the past, elected to keep their details hidden/confidential on our RPSBS database. This does make it difficult when checking show entries and for the Annual Editorial Committee when trying to contact members for photographs etc. Membership renewal forms will now have, as the default option, not to have details hidden so members who still have reason to withhold their details will have to tick the appropriate check box.
- All Society registry and membership forms can now be found on the RPSBS website rpsbs.com.au